Quinoa, Broccoli and Almond Salad
This light and fresh tasting quinoa salad is made with broccoli florets, vegetable stock, chillies and almonds. It’s so easy and quick. To serve, the quinoa is drizzled in a sweet and tangy dressing. Surprise the family with this gem of a recipe.
- 15 ml Spread
- 1 red onion sliced
- 200 g quinoa washed and drained
- Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 500 ml water
- 15 ml castor sugar
- 1 broccoli head cut into florets and blanched
- 30 ml fresh parsley chopped
- 2 red chillies finely chopped seeded
- 30 ml raw almond sliced and toasted
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 ml Robertsons Coarse Black Pepper
- Heat margarine in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, and cook for 5 minutes, until softened and starting to colour. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- In a large pot, add the quinoa, Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, water and sugar. Bring to the boil over high heat, then simmer on low heat for 10 minutes, until quinoa is tender. Remove from heat, separate with a fork and leave to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked onion, broccoli florets, parsley, red chilli and toasted almonds. Mix well.
- Add the quinoa, lemon juice and Robertsons Course Black Pepper. Stir to combine.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.