WIN instant prizes
to the value of R250 and stand a chance to win the grand prize to the value of R20,000!
On the hunt for a low-cost plant-based meal you can enjoy with chakalaka or by itself? Try our super-satisfying samp and beans recipe made with Knorrox Curry Vegetable Cube, Rajah Medium Curry Powder, sugar beans and potatoes.
- 2 cups samp
- 3 cups sugar beans
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) canola oil
- 3 Knorrox curry vegetable stock cubes
- 3 teaspoons Rajah medium curry powder
- 2 L water
- Mix and wash the samp and beans together.
- Put them in a large pot with 2L water and cook samp and beans at low heat until they start becoming soft.
- Check on it every 30 minutes so to see if the samp and beans need more water and to see when they started to soften (don't wait until they are cooked through and too soft).
- Once the samp and beans are slightly soft, add the vegetables, oil, spices and seasonings.
- Cook the remainder of time it takes until the beans are very soft (usually 20-30 minutes more).
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.