Knorrox Soya Mince Lasagne
Whole grain lasagne is a dish enjoyed worldwide and is much loved by so many South Africans. Knorrox Soya mince has made it even more exciting and affordable. Make this delicious meal on a Sunday afternoon as part of your seven colour meal.
- 2 cups Knorrox oxtail tomato and onion soya mince
- 2 ½ cups of water
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 3 large carrots, grated
- 410 g (1 tin of) canned tomato
- 250 g (1 box) of whole grain lasagne sheets (or spinach lasagne)
- 125 (½ cup) flour
- 50 g margarine
- 500 ml (2 cups) low fat milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- For the Lasagne
- Heat oil over medium heat and sauté́ onions until translucent, add garlic, carrots and tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add Knorrox oxtail, tomato and onion Soya Mince and water then cook for approximately 15 mins.
- Follow the instructions on your lasagne packaging to get the lasagne ready for your dish and layering.
- Place the mince mixture into the dish first, then add a single layer of lasagne sheets, followed by a layer of your white sauce. Repeat until the last layer is of the white sauce, then add grated cheese.
- Place the assembled lasagne in your preheated oven set at 180’C for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Rest it for a few minutes once done, then serve.
- For the White Sauce
- In a separate saucepan on low heat, melt margarine then add flour and low fat milk, then whisk until thick. Once the sauce is thick, add seasoning and remove from heat.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.