Knorrox Hearty Lentil and Potato Hot Pot
Try this hearty recipe using the full of flavour Knorrox vegetable stock cubes. It takes less than an hour to prepare, and you'll get the nutrients you need.
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 tbsp (2 garlic cloves) crushed garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 4 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 Knorrox vegetable stock cube
- 750 ml boiling water
- 1 cup of lentils (canned lentils may be used)
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pot, over medium heat.
- Sauté onions for 5-7 minutes or until translucent.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, carrots, salt and pepper and lightly simmer on low to medium heat for about another 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and lentils, then close the pot.
- Add the Knorrox vegetable stock cube into the boiling water and whisk until the Knorrox vegetable stock cube has completely dissolved then pour the stock mixture into the pot, stir it together and let it simmer on medium heat.
- Leave to simmer for about 25-30 mins.
- Once the potatoes and lentils are soft turn down the heat and prepare to serve.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.