Knorrox Roasted Butternut Stuffed with Soya Mince
Garnish with feta (optional)
Butternut stuffed with a hearty filling of soya makes for a great healthy vegetarian meal. Great for the whole family.
- 2 x butternuts cut lengthwise
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ yellow pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp Rajah mild curry powder
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 cup, chopped spinach
- 10 ml (tsp) tomato paste
- 4 tbsp Knorrox mutton flavour soya mince (or flavour of your choice)
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 1 ml Robertson's black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Drizzle butternut with oil and season with pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until really soft and can be pierced with a fork.
- In a saucepan, heat oil. Add onion, peppers, garlic, ginger, and curry powder. Sauté until onions are soft. Add your dried/chopped coriander, chillies or dried chilli flakes before adding the mushrooms and leave to simmer.
- Add in Soya mince and tomato paste, then stir.
- Add water, chopped spinach.
- Cover and leave to simmer for about 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove butternut from the oven when ready and scoop soya mince into butternut, sprinkle with feta and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Without milk
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.