Tasty Beef Stew with Sugar Beans
The combination of meaty beef bones and Sugar Beans is one of the most hearty, comforting flavours you can get. Try this tasty Beef and Sugar Bean stew to keep your family warm during those cold winter nights
- 250 ml sugar beans soaked overnight
- 1 kg meaty beef bones
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) oil
- 4 carrot chopped
- 3 onions sliced
- 4 potatoes peeled & cut in half
- 100 g Knorrox beef soya mince
- 500 ml boiling water
- Cook sugar beans in boiling water for about 1 hour until tender. Drain.
- Fry meaty bones in oil, remove and set aside. Brown carrots and onion.
- Return meaty bones, to pot and add tomatoes, potatoes, soya mince and water.
- Simmer, covered for 1 and a half to 2 hours. Add the prepared beans. Spoon over hot phutu or rice.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.