Classic Butternut and Carrot Soup
Serve with homemade ciabatta bread
Try Quick and Easy Classic Butternut and Carrot Soup
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 spring onion chopped
- 1 tsp garlic and ginger paste
- 2 carrots peeled chopped
- 1 tsp Robertsons mixed peppercorns
- 1 diced butternut squash peeled
- 4 cups hot water
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add onion, ginger & garlic paste, carrots, Robertsons Mixed Peppercorns and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add butternut and continue frying, 2 minutes. Add hot water, bring to the boil and simmer on low heat until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove the pot from heat, allow to cool. Transfer the cooked veggies to a blender and blend the cooked vegetables to a smooth soup. If the consistency is too thick, add fresh cream or milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.