Saucy Chicken Livers with Penne Pasta
Saucy and satisfying, this easy chicken liver recipe made with onion, green peppers, and Robertsons Steak and Chops spice is guaranteed to be a hit with the whole family.
- 250 g penne pasta
- 500 g chicken livers
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 4 tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Robertsons Steak & Chops Spice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- Cook pasta following on pack instructions.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat and fry onion and peppers until golden brown, 7- 10 minutes.
- Add chicken livers and continue to fry on medium heat for 10 minutes or the chicken livers change colour.
- Add Robertsons Steak & Chops Spice, stir and cook for a minute then add tomatoes, tomato paste and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Add corn flour stir and continue to simmer on medium heat until sauce is thickened and livers are cooked through.
- Once cooked, gently stir through cooked penne pasta.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.