Saucy Pilchards with Spaghetti
Need dinner in a hurry? Whip up this tasty recipe made with only a few pantry ingredients including pilchards, garlic, spaghetti, and Robertsons Chicken Spice.
- 500 g wholewheat spaghetti
- 400 g tinned pilchards in tomato sauce
- 2 tbsps sunflower oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp Robertsons chicken spice
- 60 ml water
- fresh parsley (optional)
- Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- Drain pilchards, reserving sauce, remove the bones, and break pilchards into chunks.
- Heat oil in a medium size pot over medium heat, and fry onion and pepper until golden brown in colour, 7 minutes. Add garlic and Robertson Chicken Spice.
- Then add the reserved tomato sauce, pilchards, and water. Cook on low heat for 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Add parsley and gently toss through cooked spaghetti.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.