Simple Tomato Bredie
Seasoned with fragrant cinnamon and cloves, nothing beats a bowl of home-made bredie!
- 45 ml oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 ml Robertsons ground cloves
- 10 ml Robertsons
- chilli, crushed
- 1 Robertsons cinnamon stick
- 1 kg mutton, cubed
- 2 cans tomatoes, chopped (410 g)
- 500 ml water
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 10 ml sugar
- 30 ml Knorr brown onion Soup
- Heat oil and brown the onions. Add Robertsons Ground Cloves, Robertsons Crushed Chilli and Robertsons Cinnamon Stick.
- Add mutton and brown. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the water and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes, sugar, salt and pepper, and simmer for a further 30 minutes.
- Mix the KNORR Brown Onion Soup with a little water to form a smooth paste and stir into the bredie then allow to simmer until thickened.
- Serve with yellow rice.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.