Spicy Chickpea Chana Masala
Our Knorr Curry Vegetable Soup is a vegan product that’s excellent for adding thickness and rich flavour to quick one-pot meals. Raid your store cupboard for tinned tomatoes and chickpeas, spice them up with cumin, cayenne pepper and curry powder, then serve piping hot with fresh coriander and a spritz of lemon juice.
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, finely grated
- 5 ml Robertsons cumin
- 5 ml Robertsons coriander
- 5 ml Robertsons cayenne pepper
- 10 ml Rajah mild and spicy curry powder
- 1 x 400 g tin chickpeas, drained
- the juice of 1 lemon
- fresh coriander, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a pot over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté for five to seven minutes, or until soft.
- Add the Robertsons Cumin, Robertsons Coriander, Robertsons Cayenne Pepper and Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder, and cook for a further minute.
- Now stir in the chopped tomatoes, water, and the contents of the sachet of Knorr Curry Vegetable Soup. Bring to the boil, add the chickpeas, then turn down the heat. Simmer for about five to eight minutes, or until thickened.
- Season to taste with lemon juice and serve hot with a garnish of fresh coriander.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.