Taco Bowl with Spicy Beans, Salsa, Avocado and Sour Cream
Treat the family to a Mexican-style feast brimming with exciting flavours and packed with nutrients and fibre. Pile your spicy black beans into bowls, add ready-made salsa, then create a cool contrasting topping with sour cream, sliced avocado and lime juice. Serve with tortilla chips on the side.
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 30 ml tomato paste
- 5 ml Robertsons crushed chillies
- 1 sachet (48 g) Knorr savoury mince Dry Cook-In-Sauce
- 600 ml water
- 2 x 400 g tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- the juice of 1 lime
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt to season
- Robertsons black pepper to taste
- 125 ml sour cream
- 80 ml Knorr creamy garlic and herb salad dressing
- 125 ml Mexican salsa
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 8 sprigs fresh coriander
- 4 limes cut into wedges
- 250 g of corn chips (taco chips)
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for about 8 minutes, until soft.
- Add the tomato paste and Robertsons Crushed Chillies. Sauté for a further minute, until fragrant.
- Add the contents of the sachet of Knorr Savoury Mince Dry Cook-in-Sauce and 600ml water, and stir well. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until thickened.
- Add the black beans and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Season to taste with lime juice, Robertsons Atlantic Sea Salt and Robertson Black Pepper.
- In a bowl, mix together the sour cream and the Knorr Creamy Garlic & Herb Salad Dressing.
- To assemble, put the beans in a big bowl. Serve with the sour cream mixture, salsa, mashed avocado, fresh coriander, lime wedges and tortilla chips.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.