Pumpkin, Chickpea And Feta Phyllo Pie
Flavoured with fresh thyme and a hint of cinnamon, this rustic roast-pumpkin pie is enriched with eggs and cheese, and topped with crisp golden phyllo pastry. Serve warm or at room temperature, with a fresh garden salad on the side, for a delicious vegetarian dinner the whole family will enjoy.
- 250 g pumpkin, cubed
- 15 ml olive oil
- 5 ml Robertsons Cinnamon (ground)
- 2.5 ml thyme leaves
- Robertsons Black Pepper, to season
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup milk
- 30 g Parmesan or Pecorino grated
- 150 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 x 50 g sachet Knorr Tasty Chicken with Robertsons Chicken Spice Soup
- 20 g parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 x 400 g tin chickpeas, drained
- 100 g butter, melted
- 12 sheets of puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Place the pumpkin on a roasting tray, drizzle over the olive oil, Robertsons Cinnamon, thyme, salt and Robertsons Black Pepper. Roast for 30 minutes until cooked through. Then remove from the oven and allow to cool. Turn the oven down to 175C.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg, egg yolk, milk, parmesan, feta cheese, the contents of Knorr Tasty Chicken with Robertsons Chicken Spice Soup and parsley.
- Prep the pastry by remove the phyllo from its packaging, lying it out on a pile, but always covered with a damp cloth.
- Brush a 28cm springform tin with some of the melted butter. Brush a sheet of phyllo with butter then place it on the base of the tin, allowing the edges to hang over the edge (they will fold over once the filling is in). Repeat this with all the phyllo sheets, pressing them gently and placing them all slightly off centre so it gives a rustic feel.
- Once all the phyllo sheets are pressed in, add the roasted pumpkin and chickpeas. Add the egg mixture and stir gently.
- Fold the overlaying edge pieces of phyllo over onto the tart, folding them gently – it is okay if they tear or break slightly, this will leave an exposed centre of the filling.
- Place in the oven and bake at 175C for 40-50 minutes, until filling has set.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to sit in the tin for minimum of 30 minutes.
- Slice into even portions and serve warm or at room temperature.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.