Vegan Mushroom and Lentil Bolognaise with Baby Marrow Noodles
With earthy, peppery flavours and a slightly chewy texture, nutritious lentils are a vital store-cupboard staple. Use tinned lentils to speed up the cooking time, and pack in plenty of colour and flavour by adding tinned tomatoes, tomato paste and a sachet of Knorr Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce.
- 20 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 10 ml thyme leaves
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt, to season
- Robertsons ground black peppercorns, to taste
- 250 g button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 15 ml tomato paste
- 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 48 g packet Knorr bolognese sauce dry cook-in sauce
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot (dissolved in 400ml hot water)
- 1 x 400 g tin brown lentils, drained
- 280 g Baby Marrow noodles (store bought)
- 10 basil leaves
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over a medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, garlic, thyme and a pinch of Robertson’s Atlantic Sea Salt and Robertson’s Black Pepper. Allow to cook until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms, and continue to cook until they are soft.
- Add the tomato paste, stir through. Then add the tin of tomatoes, Knorr Bolognese Dry Cook-In Sauce and Knorr vegetable stock pot.
- Stir everything together and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and allow it to simmer for 30 minutes, until the sauce has reduced. In the last 10 minutes of cooking, add the lentils.
- Season to taste with extra Robertson’s Atlantic Sea Salt and Robertson’s Black Pepper if necessary.
- Serve the Bolognese atop baby marrow noodles, topped with fresh basil.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.