Broccoli in White Sauce
When it comes to vegetarian recipes, you can’t go wrong with this one! Find out how to make delicious broccoli with homemade white sauce.
- 300 g broccoli florets (approx. 1 head of broccoli)
- 30 ml margarine
- 30 ml cake flour
- 500 ml milk
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot
- Boil the broccoli florets in water until just tender then drain and place into ice water (this will stop the cooking process and ensure your broccoli keeps its bright green colour)
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan and stir in the cake flour to make a roux then allow to cook for 2 minutes stirring continuously
- Stir in the milk a little at a time to prevent lumps from forming, then stir constantly until the sauce has thickened
- Add the KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot and allow it to melt in the sauce then stir in the broccoli
- Serve as an accompaniment to fish or grilled meat
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.