The royalty of mashed potatoes – duchess potatoes are so elegant to serve and simply melt in your mouth!
- 1 kg soft cooking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 65 ml cream
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot
- 30 ml margarine
- 3 egg yolks
- extra margarine, melted (for brushing)
- Preheat oven to 200C and line a baking tray with grease proof baking paper
- Place cubed potatoes into a pot of cold water and bring to the boil then allow to cook for about 15 minutes or until tender
- Drain then return to the pot
- In a separate pot heat the cream and KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot
- Add this to the cooked potatoes and whisk with an electric handheld beater until smooth
- Stir in the margarine and the egg yolks
- Place the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large star point nozzle
- Pipe rosettes onto the baking paper then bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until turning golden brown on the edges
- Better For You Tips : add freshly chopped herbs to your potato mixture if desired. These can prepared in advance and then placed in the oven to crisp up before serving!
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.