Mushroom and Pumpkin Leaf Ramen
The perfect Meat-free Monday meal, this dish is not only delicious but also incredibly nutritious thanks to pumpkin leaves (mekopu), one of our Future 50 Foods. Get creative in the kitchen with a mix of exotic and local flavours in this mushroom and pumpkin leaf (mekopu) ramen recipe.
- 2 litres water
- Knorr Brown Onion Soup
- 1 small fresh ginger root finely grated
- 30 g mixed exotic mushrooms
- olive oil for frying
- 400 g plain instant noodles
- 4 cups pumpkin leaves thinly sliced
- fresh coriander to garnish
- fresh chilli to garnish
- Saute the mushrooms in a little olive oil for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Mix ¼ cup of water to the KNORR Brown Onion Soup to make a smooth paste, add the rest of the water.
- Add the onion soup mix to the sauteed mushrooms and bring to the boil.
- Add the noodles, pumpkin leaves (mekopu) and ginger to the broth and cook for 5 minutes or until the noodles are just tender.
- Serve the noodles in bowls, topped with the pumpkin leaves (mekopu) and broth.
- Garnish with the coriander and chilli.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.