Crispy Peri-Peri Bambara Groundnuts
Discover a new world of flavour with this peri peri Bambara groundnuts (nduhu) recipe. Because they are locally cultivated and filled with healthy goodness, we’ve identified Bambara groundnuts (nduhu) as one of our divine Future 50 Foods. Explore the taste they have to offer in this simple recipe! PLEASE NOTE: Not suitable for consumers who have nut allergies. Please consult with your practitioner prior to consuming this ingredient.
- 2 cups bambara groundnuts (nduhu), soaked overnight
- 2 litres water
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- Robertsons peri-peri, to taste
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt, to taste
- Place the soaked Bambara groundnuts (nduhu) and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 2-3 hours or until tender.
- Drain well then pat dry using a clean tea towel.
- Heat the oil in a pan and then add the Bambara groundnuts in batches sprinkling with Robertsons Peri Peri and Atlantic Sea Salt.
- Do this in batches till done. Allow to cool.
- Serve as a snack or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Future 50 foods
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.