Bulgur Wheat, Quinoa and Barley with Baby Marrows
A simple vegan dish made with quinoa, which is one of the Knorr Future 50 foods. The other two grains in this nutritious meal are bulgur wheat and barley, but you could use millet – another Future 50 ingredient – instead. A KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot gives great depth of flavour, with fresh ginger, garlic and herbs adding plenty of zing. Try adding a little mustard or wasabi powder for a kick of heat.
- 200 g dried bulghur wheat uncooked
- 30 g quinoa uncooked
- 70 g barley uncooked
- 400 g tinned chickpeas drained
- 45 ml olive oil
- 2 onions peeled and chopped
- 5 baby marrows cubed
- 10 ml finely grated fresh ginger root
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 125 ml water
- Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander chopped
- Cook the bulgur wheat, quinoa and barley separately, according to the instructions on the packets. Drain, cool under running water, stir in the chickpeas and set aside in a large bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and gently fry the onion for 7 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the baby marrows and cook for 4 minutes, or until just tender.
- Stir in the ginger and garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add the water and the KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot, and cook, stirring, until the contents of the stock pot have dissolved.
- Tip the vegetables into the bowl containing the grains and chickpeas, add the chopped parsley and coriander, toss gently together and season to taste.
- Future 50 foods
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.