Moroccan Chicken Giblet Tagine with Brown Rice
Cinnamon, cumin, coriander and ginger add distinctive North African flavours to this tasty tagine, with sultanas giving a touch of fruity sweetness. Pack in extra depth of flavour with a Knorr Chicken Stock Pot, and serve piping hot with brown rice and fresh parsley.
- 1 kg chicken giblets
- 30 ml canola cooking oil
- 30 g flour
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 5 ml Robertsons ground cumin
- 5 ml Robertsons paprika
- 2.5 ml Robertsons ground cinnamon
- 5 ml Robertsons ground coriander
- 20 ml tomato paste
- 1 medium-large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 lemon, juice & Zest
- 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 50 g packet Knorr mutton & vegetable soup mix
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot (dissolved in 400ml hot water)
- 10 green olives, pipped & halved
- 20 g sultanas
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- Robertsons atlantic sea salt, to season
- Robertsons ground black peppercorns, to taste
- 1 cup brown rice
- TO SERVE:
- 10 g parsley, chopped
- Clean the chicken giblets and chop them into even sized cubes. Toss them in flour, dusting off the excess.
- Heat 15ml of the canola oil in a heavy-bottom pot, with a lid, over a high heat. Add the floured chicken giblets and quickly fry off until golden then remove from the pot.
- Add the remaining 15ml oil to the pot over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute, scraping the bits stuck to the bottom of the pot, until soft. Add the garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes, being sure to not burn the garlic.
- Add the Robertson’s Ground Coriander, Robertson’s Ground Cumin, Robertson’s Paprika, Robertson’s Ground Cinnamon and tomato paste, and cook for a minute, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken giblets, sweet potato, lemon juice & zest, tin of tomatoes, Knorr Mutton & Vegetable Soup and Knorr Chicken stockpot. Stir to combine and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, turn the heat down to a simmer and add the olives and sultanas. Cover with a lid and simmer for 1 hour.
- Five minutes before turning off, add the peas.
- Adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and lemon if need be.
- Cook rice as per packet instructions.
- To Serve
- Serve the tagine in the pot or transfer to a different serving dish. Serve the rice on the side. Sprinkle the chopped parsley over both.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.