Spicy Lentil Stew with Warm Garlic Bread
Paired with crusty garlic bread for a winning combination! Full of warmth and spices with the tasty Knorr Tomato Base Dry Cook-in-Sauce, this smoky veggie lentil stew will have you queuing for seconds.
- drizzle olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 15 g fresh ginger root finely grated
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Robertsons ground cumin
- 1 tsp Robertsons coriander (ground)
- 1 tbsp Robertsons paprika
- 500 g pumpkin diced
- 750 ml water
- 1 packet (48 g) Knorr tomato base dry cook-in-sauce
- 3 x 400 g tinned lentils
- handful fresh coriander to garnish
- 1 garlic bread to serve
- edible flowers to garnish optional
- In a large saucepan, heat a drizzle of olive oil then sauté the onion, garlic, ginger and cumin seeds over medium heat until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the ground cumin, ground coriander, smoked paprika and pumpkin. Using a wooden spoon, mix until the pumpkin cubes are coated in the spices. Add the water.
- Stir in the Knorr Tomato Base Dry Cook-in-Sauce, then bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Continue to simmer until the pumpkin is cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Add the drained lentils and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with the extra 1 tsp ground coriander, then leave to cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and garnish with a handful of fresh coriander and, if desired, edible flowers. Enjoy with the store bought garlic bread alongside.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.