Aromatic Aubergine, Apricot and Chickpea Tagine with Millet
Knorr Naturally Tasty Beef Tagine Recipe Mix adds a hearty flavour to this aubergine and chickpea tagine. Serve with millet from our list of Future 50 Foods - one of Africa's favourite and most nutritious grains.
- 2 large aubergines cut into cubes
- 2 red onions peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 300 g cherry tomatoes drizzled in olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Knorr Naturally Tasty Beef Tagine Recipe Mix
- 500 ml Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 400 g peeled and diced tinned tomatoes
- 400 g tinned chickpeas drained
- handful fresh coriander to garnish
- cooked millet to serve
- dried apricots diced to top
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Place the aubergine cubes, red-onion wedges, garlic and cherry tomatoes in a large roasting tray. Generously drizzle with the olive oil and season to taste. Roast in the preheated oven until the aubergines are cooked, about 30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, combine the Knorr Naturally Tasty Beef Tagine Recipe Mix with the beef/ vegetable stock, peeled and diced tomatoes, and the drained chickpeas in a large saucepan. Stir continuously over medium heat until the tagine recipe mix has dissolved. Add the roasted vegetables and bring to a gentle simmer. Continue to simmer, uncovered, until the tagine thickens slightly, about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Serve the tagine warm, topped with the dried apricots and garnished with the fresh coriander, and the cooked millet alongside.
- TIP: For a meaty alternative for this dish, dice 300g lamb steak and pan-fry over high heat in a glug of olive oil until medium done or cooked to your liking. Sprinkle the lamb pieces over the top of the tagine just before serving.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.