Easy Butternut Soup
Butternut soup is close to the top of the list of South Africa's favourite cold-weather comfort foods. With its gorgeous sunset colour, beautiful rich flavour and a touch of cinnamon, this soup is fantastic served with warm crusty bread.
- 15 ml soft margarine or butter
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Robertsons cinnamon
- 1 kg butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 750 ml (3 cups) water
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 250 ml (1 cup) fat free yogurt
- Melt the margarine or butter in a deep pot, then add the onion and garlic and fry until soft.
- Add the Robertsons Cinnamon and fry for 2 minutes to release the flavour and aroma. Then add the cubed butternut, water and Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, and stir well.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the butternut is tender.
- Remove from the heat and blend until smooth using a food processor or stick blender. Stir in the yoghurt and season to taste. For a richer, creamier taste, use cream instead of yoghurt.
- Serve hot with bread.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.