Easy Butternut Soup
Coat fresh hake in this tasty lemon butter sauce and serve it with a delicious mango salsa.
- 15 ml soft margarine
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 ml Robertsons cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 kg butternut, peeled and diced
- 750 ml water
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot
- 250 ml fat free yogurt
- Melt margarine in a deep pot then add the onion and garlic and fry until tender
- Add the cinnamon and fry for 2 minutes to release the flavour and aroma then add the cubed butternut, water and KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot and stir well
- Bring to the boil the reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the butternut is tender
- Remove from the heat and blend using a stick blender until smooth then stir in the yoghurt and season (to taste)
- Tip – for a richer, creamier taste use cream instead of yoghurt. There is no need to chop your vegetables perfectly as they will all be blended up at the end so a rough chop is fine!
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.