Butternut soup should be at the top of your list of soup recipes. Hearty and creamy, it’s perfect when paired with fresh, crusty bread.
- 1 litres water
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 kg butternut, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 packet Knorr chicken à la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 10 ml Stork margarine
- 1 small chilli, finely chopped (or use more if you like!)
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt
- 125 ml cream
- zest of one lemon
- 100 g feta cheese
- In a roasting pan place butternut and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast in a preheated 180°C oven for 40-45 minutes or until soft.
- In a pan melt the margarine and fry the onions and garlic until just soft.
- Add the roasted butternut, KNORR Chicken a'la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce packet contents and water.
- Bring to the boil, cook for about 5-10 minutes to allow flavours to develop and soup to thicken.
- Add the zest, chilli and cream.
- Remove from heat and blend with a stick blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add salt (to taste).
- Serve hot garnished with crumbled feta cheese.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.