A hearty classic, this mushroom soup recipe will bring warmth to your soul. Onions, garlic, celery, mixed mushrooms and vegetable stock combined with cream makes this a dish that’s packed with flavour. Perfect when served with crusty bread.
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 sticks celery, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 600 g mixed mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 l boiling water
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot
- ¼ tsp Robertsons freshly ground black pepper
- 75 ml low fat milk
- 15 ml freshly parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, garlic and mushrooms and cover with lid. Cook on low heat for 5-6 minutes until onions have softened but not browned.
- Remove 4 tablespoons of the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- Pour the hot water into the pan and bring to the boil. Add the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Season with black pepper, remove from heat and puree in a blender until smooth.
- Return blended soup to the saucepan, add the cream and heat gently.
- Serve topped with the remaining mushrooms, divided between bowls and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.