Roasted Beetroot, Lentil and Feta Salad
This salad which combines the contrasting flavours of garlic and rosemary
roasted beetroot with creamy, salty feta cheese makes the perfect side dish
for your braai!
- 1 kg beetroot, trimmed and cut into quarters
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 1 Knorr Cook-In Bag garlic and rosemary
- 1 tin lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1.5 x blocks feta cheese, cubed
- rocket leaves, washed
- No need to preheat oven.
- Carefully add the beetroot and oil into the bag (max. 1.5 kg) and season with the dry Knorr mixture. Close bag at the end with blue tie supplied.
- Very gently massage Knorr mixture into the ingredients on a stable surface. Ensure dry mixture is spread evenly. Place bag sideways in a cool oven dish, ensuring ingredients are evenly spaced.
- Bake at 180°C for 55 minutes or until the beetroot is tender on the lowest shelf in the oven. Ensure grill is off at ALL times.
- Keep enough room for bag to expand (bag must not touch the sides of the oven).
- Cut the bag open and allow the beetroot to cool completely then transfer to a mixing bowl together with a little of the juices in the bag (this will be part of your dressing).
- Combine the roasted beetroot with the lentils, feta and rocket and drizzle with olive oil then serve.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.