Spicy Boerewors and Rice
Juicy boerewors and green peppers give plenty of flavour to this easy savoury rice dish, with Rajah Flavourful & Mild curry powder adding fragrance and a touch of heat. Serve piping hot, garnished with parsley.
- 15 ml vegetable oil
- 400 g Boerewors
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Rajah Flavourful & Mild curry powder
- 2 cups rice
- 4.5 cups water
- 2 Knorrox beef stock cubes
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- handful fresh parsley chopped
- Heat oil in a large pot and gently fry the boerewors until browned on the outside.
- Remove from the pot, place onto a chopping board and slice boerewors into chunks.
- Fry the onion and green pepper until soft then add the Rajah Flavourful & Mild curry powder and fry for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the rice, water, stock cubes, tomatoes and boerewors to the pot and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer until the rice is cooked, adding more water if necessary and stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the chopped parsley and serve.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.