Whole Egg Masala
A protein-packed vegetarian meal featuring tender whole eggs in a deliciously creamy, spicy tomato gravy. Serve with fluffy basmati rice, crispy poppadums and fresh tomato & onion sambals for a satisfying dinner any day of the week.
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) vegetable oil
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp) garlic and ginger paste
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) Rajah Mild Masala Curry Powder
- 1 x 410 g tin chopped Italian tomatoes
- a handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) cream
- 5 ml - 10 ml (1 -2 tsp) sugar, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- steamed basmati rice, to serve
- crispy poppadums, to serve
- fresh tomato and onion sambals, to serve
- Heat the oil in a wok or medium saucepan.
- Pat the eggs with a paper towel to rid them of excess moisture. Fry the eggs in the oil until they become golden all over – about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the butter and the onion, and cook over a low to medium heat until the onion is golden and caramelised.
- Now add the garlic and ginger paste and cook for another 3 minutes. Stir in the Rajah Mild Masala Curry Powder and cook for a further minute.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and leave to simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the coriander and cream, and add sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Place the eggs back into the curry sauce and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Serve on fluffy basmati rice, with poppadams and tomato and onion sambals.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.