Cheddar, Mushroom and Black Pepper Pies
These comforting vegetarian pies will make a substantial main meal when served with some creamy mashed potato or a fresh green salad!
- 400 g (1 roll) puff pastry
- 15 ml cooking oil
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 4 baby courgettes (baby marrows), grated
- 38 g Knorr classic white sauce
- 150 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat cooking oil in a pot and fry the mushrooms and garlic until soft.
- Add the grated carrots and baby marrows and allow to cook until soft, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime make up the sachet of Knorr Classic White Sauce as per on pack instructions.
- Add the made up sauce to the pot and stir in the grated cheddar cheese and season with Robertsons Black Pepper.
- Divide the mixture between four oven proof ramekins.
- Unroll the pastry and cut out four 7.5 cm circles and top the ramekins with the pastry circles making sure the pastry stretches over the edge of the ramekins.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and flaky.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.