Best made in spring when the vegetables are young and tender this vegan lasagne combines fresh green asparagus spears with spinach and baby marrow complimented with a bechamel sauce made using almond milk.
- 450 g spinach leaves, chopped
- 500 g green asparagus
- 3 small baby courgettes
- 1 small stick leek
- 1 tomato
- 25 g soft margarine
- 30 g flour
- 500 ml almond milk
- salt, pepper, ground nutmeg to taste, (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Knorr Dry Cook-In Sauce tomato Base
- 9 lasagne sheets
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Lightly peel the lower third of each asparagus spear and cut off the hard ends.
- Cut the spears into pieces then blanch them in boiling water for 3 minutes and strain.
- To make the bechamel sauce melt the margarine in a small pot then whisk in the flour and allow to lightly cook.
- Whisk in the almond milk and cook until thickened then remove from the heat and season with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the baby marrows and leeks for 3 – 5 minutes then remove.
- Add 400 ml water to the pan then stir in the contents of the sachet of Knorr Dry Cook-In Sauce Tomato Base.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for 1 minute.
- Place some of the spinach sauce into the base of a baking dish and place three lasagne sheets on top.
- Spread the remaining spinach sauce on top and add another 3 lasagne sheets.
- Top with the asparagus, baby marrows and leeks and half of the bechamel sauce then top with tomato slices.
- Finish off with the remaining three lasagne sheets and bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes covered for the first 15 minutes.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.