Chips and Russian - Spykos
An easy staple brought to you by Aromat!
- 500 g hot potato chips
- 4 russians, fried
- sliced bread and mango atchaar for serving
- For the cheese sauce:
- 60 g butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 2 cups of full cream milk
- 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp of Aromat Cheese
- 1 tsp of Robertsons black pepper
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, sprinkle over the flour then stir consistently for 2-3 minutes until a thick past forms.
- Slowly add the milk to the butter/flour paste whisking constantly for 5 minutes until the mixture thickens. It should be thick but pourable.
- Add cheese, whisking constantly until melted. Then season with Aromat and black pepper.
- Drizzle sauce over hot potato chips along with any other sauces and of your choice.
- Enjoy hot, with bread and mango atchaar.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.