Beef Tripe - Mogodu
A humble dish that’s packed with flavour and nutritious goodness. Easy to cook with simple ingredients. Join the Mogodu Monday tribe!
- 500 g beef tripe
- 2 tbsp Aromat Chilli Beef
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp Rajah mild and spicy curry powder
- 1 tbsp Robertsons paprika
- 1 tsp Robertsons black pepper
- 1 tbsp Knorrox Garlic and Onion Stock Powder
- 500 ml boiling water
- 6 cloves
- 4 bay leaves
- Wash mogodu thoroughly, removing any excess fat, pat dry with a clean kitchen towel to remove excess water, cut into bite size pieces then season with Knorr Aromat Chilli Beef.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat and fry onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add curry powder and paprika and fry for another 2 minutes until aromatic.
- Add mogodu to the pot along with black pepper and stock powder and combine. Then pour in boiling water.
- Add cloves and bay leaves then cover pot and simmer on low heat for 4 hours or until mogodu is tender and gravy is thick.
- Enjoy hot with your choice of starch and sides.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.