Lentil, Pancetta and Spinach Soup
This lentil soup is made flavoursome by the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, garlic, chilli and sautéed onions with pancetta.
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 200 g pancetta diced
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 10 ml Robertsons cumin
- 5 ml Robertsons coriander seeds
- 300 g red lentils washed
- 1 litre boiling water
- Knorr vegetable stock pot
- lemon juice
- 300 g baby spinach washed
- 45 ml fresh parsley chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and pancetta and cook gently on low heat for 3-5 minutes until the onion is soft but not brown. Add the garlic and chilli, and cook on low heat for a further minute, stirring regularly.
- Add the cumin, coriander and lentils. Cook on low heat for a further minute, stirring regularly.
- Add the hot water and Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot. Bring to the boil, reduce to low heat and simmer gently for 12-15 minutes or until the lentils are soft and tender.
- Add lemon juice, spinach and freshly chopped parsley. Simmer for 1 minute and serve.
- Nut Free
- Future 50 foods
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.