Honey, Coriander, Prawn and Chicken Curry
A delectable, fruity curry dish that is perfect for those who love both chicken and prawns. The sweetness of the apricots and honey is perfectly balanced by the curry spices and further enhanced with the cream and coconut milk. Delicious served with basmati rice.
- 500 g prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 500 ml cream
- 400 ml (1 can) coconut milk
- 1 pinch saffron
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) honey
- 10 pieces preserved ginger, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) curry paste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, grated
- 100 ml oil
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp fennel powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic and ginger
- 500 g chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 410 g (1 can) apricot halves in juice, drained
- 250 ml peri peri sauce
- 1 ml salt to season
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper
- 1 bunch coriander, washed, drained and roughly chopped
- Marinate the chicken and prawns (separately) in all the peri-peri sauce, crushed garlic and ginger, cumin, fennel, turmeric, curry powder and oil for at least 1 hour.
- Braise the chicken and prawns, one after the other in a large saucepan in hot oil, checking the seasoning.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- In the same pan, sautè the onion in the melted butter until soft.
- Add curry paste, ginger preserve, apricots, honey, saffron, coconut milk, cream and Knorr Chicken Stock Pot Allow to simmer and thicken.
- Add the chicken and prawns.
- Allow to heat through, check seasoning and garnish with coriander.
- Served with basmati rice, sambals, roti and poppadums.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.