Chicken Curry with Basmati Rice
With just nine ingredients, this is a comforting chicken curry you can whip up in under an hour. Rajah Mild & Spicy gives this dish just a gentle kick of heat, so it's a great 'starter' curry for kids! Serve with hot Basmati rice.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 x 5 cm piece fresh ginger root grated
- 2 ripe tomatoes grated
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 kg chicken portions
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 8 - 10 small potatoes peeled and quartered
- 2 cups boiled basmati rice to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Fry the onion until softened – about 5 minutes.
- Add the Rajah Mild & Spicy, garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the grated tomato, tomato paste and simmer to form a thick sauce.
- When you see the oil coming to the top of the sauce, add the chicken pieces and 1 ½ cups boiling water.
- Simmer for 20 minutes then add the potatoes and cook for a 20 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Serve the curry with boiled basmati rice.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.