Beef and Sweet Potato Curry with Couscous
Sweet potatoes add so much goodness to this tasty beef curry, flavoured with ginger, garlic and Rajah Mild & Spicy. Serve with fluffy steamed couscous and chopped fresh coriander.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 750 g stewing beef cubed
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder
- 400 g crushed tomatoes
- 125 ml beef stock
- 1/3 cup of raisins (optional)
- 1 kg sweet potato peeled cubed
- chopped fresh coriander to serve
- couscous to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry beef in batches until golden and browned.
- Remove the meat from the pot and set aside. In the same pot, fry the onion, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder and fry for 2 minutes then add the browned beef, tomatoes, stock, raisins and sweet potatoes and simmer over low heat for at least 1 ½ hour or until the beef is soft.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve with couscous.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.