Traditional Chicken a la King
Made with green peppers, mushrooms and chicken, this tasty dish is a great family favourite in South Africa. The secret ingredient in our ultra-simple recipe is Knorr Chicken à la King Dry Cook-In-Sauce, which adds instant creaminess and richness. Serve with brown rice and peas.
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 500 skinless chicken fillets, cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 100 g mushrooms, sliced
- 500 ml (2 cups) cold low fat milk
- 48 g (1 sachet) Knorr Chicken à la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions until they soften. Add the chicken strips, green pepper and mushrooms and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the cold milk to the pan, stir in the contents of the sachet of Knorr Chicken à la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce and bring to the boil while stirring
- Simmer uncovered for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with hot brown rice.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.