This satisfying broccoli casserole recipe is perfect for feeding a group of people. Milk, mayonnaise, Knorr Vegetable Stock and Cheddar cheese are added to the broccoli, then topped with breadcrumbs and cheese for a deliciously rich flavour.
- 250 ml water
- 700 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot
- 200 ml low fat milk
- 100 ml mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 150 g cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place water in large saucepan, add broccoli and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes, until the broccoli is almost cooked but still crunchy. Drain and set aside.
- Place the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, milk, mayonnaise, eggs and two thirds of the grated cheese in a medium size pan over very gentle heat. Stir continuously. Remove from heat once the cheese melts. Add in the broccoli and turn with a spoon until broccoli is covered with the mixture then pour into a large oven proof dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.