Aromat Ne Gawulo Social Media Competition
Terms & Conditions
Competition Dates: 25 July –25 September 2022
1. The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”) and Avatar Agency is the “Promoter Agent”.
2. The promotional competition is open to all South African residents in possession of a valid identity document.
3. The promotional competition is only open to participants over the age of 18.
4. These Terms and Conditions will prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications sent to you by us, including advertising or promotional materials. Prize redemption instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions.
5. The promotional competition is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
6. By participating in this competition, participants are asked to Opt In to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. The participant is under no obligation to Opt In in order to still enter the promotional competition.
8. This promotional competition is open from 25 JULY 2022 and ends at 12am (midnight) on 25 SEPTEMBER 2022.Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
9. To enter, participants will be required to Share a photo of their Aromat flavored recipe, tag Aromat and use #AromatNeGawulo
10. Participants may enter as many times as they wish provided that each entry is associated with a photo of their Aromat flavoured recipe, they have tagged Aromat and have used the hashtag #AromatNeGawulo.
11. The prize is an Aromat gift hamper.
12. Any prize not taken up for any reason within one month of notification will be forfeited.
13. Prizes are not exchangeable or transferable.
14. A single person may only win 1 Prize per competition.
Shortlisting of initial entrants will be done by an ‘Aromat’ judging panel and based on the following criteria:
- Following the correct entry mechanics
- Overall creativity of the entries
- Uniqueness of entries
- Overall effort applied to entries
15. 49 participants will be selected as winners (the ‘Winner’) to receive a Prize.
16. The potential winners will be identified, tracked via brand mentions/tags as well as hashtags across Facebook and Instagram (Reels, feed, stories) in order to select and shortlist winners.
17. The Winner will be selected between 26 September 2022 and 30 September 2022 and will be notified telephonically where the Winner will be required to verify their details.The Promoter (or their agent) will endeavour to contact the prize Winner three (3) times on the day of draw after their name is drawn. If the Prize Winner cannot be contacted during this period, the Prize will be forfeited and another Winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
- Promoter “agency” Avatar will track entries and shortlist candidates.
- Promoter “agency” Avatar will share a list of the shortlisted candidates with client for final vetting.
- Promoter “agency” Avatar will reach out to the selected winners for their details to redeem prize.
- Prizes will be distributed to the relevant physical addresses provided.
DELIVERY OF PRIZE
18. The Prize winners will be contacted by Promoter “agency” where agency will require the winner to furnish agency with the aforesaid required documentation. Once all documents have been verified, agency will make a direct deposit to the prize winners.
19. The Winner may be required to sign an Indemnity and Media Release forms.
20. A copy of these rules can be obtained from the Consumer Call Centre on telephone number 0860 151 141
21. Failure to claim the Prize or a refusal or inability to required documentation or complying with any of the competition requirements within 1 month, will disqualify the Winner and a new Winner will be drawn in terms of these rules.
22. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
23. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
24. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
26. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
27. NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple cell phone details or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void. Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the Winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the Winner.However, the Winner has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department.
29. The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control.In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
30. In the event that the Prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize of equal value.
31. Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant or the Winner.
32. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
33. Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
34. This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to telephone networks.
35. All participants in this competition release Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
36. The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.
37. Participants warrant that they have full rights to the images and stories that they upload and that the use of the said material shall not constitute a breach of any third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
38. Participants agree that by uploading their “images” and/or stories, they grant permission to the Promoter to use the images or stories or any part thereof, in any and all media for promotional / marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants.