Golden Baked Rice
Robertsons Spice for Rice elevates flavour and taste to the next level in our version of a Persian classic. Finish our Golden Baked Rice with fresh herbs and parmesan shavings to enjoy alongside any main dish.
- 750 ml or 3 cups cooked rice
- 50 g spinach wilted
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ large red pepper diced
- 1 garlic clove or 15 ml or 1 Tsp crushed garlic
- 45 ml or 3 Tbsp Robertsons Spice for Rice
- 125 ml or ½ cup water
- 180 ml or ¾ cup grated Parmesan (extra to garnish)
- 30 ml or 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 30 ml or 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 - 8 medium-sized Fresh basil leaves
- 6 - 8 sprigs of Italian parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Get a large non-stick cast iron skillet or pot onto the stove and melt the butter and olive oil at medium heat.
- Add the onion & garlic and fry until translucent.
- Add the red pepper and sauté for a further 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach, rice, Robertsons Spice for Rice, water & grated parmesan. Stir to combine.
- Turn the heat down and compact the rice, moulding it to the shape of the skillet. Add a little more olive oil or butter around the edges if needed. Cook on the stove top until the rice at the base and on the sides of the pan start to turning golden. About 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove top and place into the oven to bake off for a further 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Run and knife or spatula around the edge of the skillet and flip out onto a plate or platter.
- Serve with fresh basil or Italian parsley as a side to a delicious protein or saucy stew.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.