The Braai Toasties – South Africa’s version of a grilled cheese sandwich, cooked over the coals. There are many variations of braaibroodjie: this particular recipe uses sharp white cheddar, tomatoes, mayo, and Robertsons Braai & Grill All-In-One Spice.
- 125 ml (½ cup) mayo
- ½ tbsp Robertsons braai & grill all-in-one spice
- 4 slices tomato
- ½ onion sliced
- ½ cup cheddar cheese grated
- 4 slices white bread
- 30 ml soft margarine
- In a small bowl mix together the mayo and the Robertsons Braai & Grill All in One Spice.
- Place 2 slices of bread on a bread board and spread the insides with the spiced mayo.
- Layer the cheese, tomato and onion on one slice then place the other slice on top.
- Flatten slightly with your hand to make it easier to handle.
- Spread both sides with a small amount of the softened margarine.
- Toast on a warm fire until golden brown on the outside and the cheese is melted on the inside.
- Nut Free
- Monthly vegetarian
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.