Roasted Red Pepper and Butternut Soup by Natasha Maseko
Spiced butternut and red bell peppers roasted to perfection then blended with an aromatic broth. Topped with greek yogurt and served with fresh bread
- 30 ml of olive oil, divided
- 1 butternut peeled and cubed
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 5 ml Robertsons cinnamon
- 5 ml Robertsons paprika
- 2.5 ml Robertsons cumin
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 5 ml crushed garlic
- 2.5 ml crushed ginger
- 15 ml Robertsons thyme
- 2 Knorr chicken stock pots
- 1 litre of boiling water
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper
- 250 ml (1 cup) Greek yogurt for garnish
- 1 sprig fresh thyme for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C .
- Place butternut and red bell peppers on a roasting pan, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle with Robertsons cinnamon, paprika and cumin. Season with Robertson Black Pepper then toss until all the vegetables are well coated.
- Place roasting pan in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes until vegetables are tender and well browned.
- Whilst vegetables are roasting, heat the remaining olive oil in a large pot on medium heat, then sauté onions until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger and dry thyme then cook for another minute while stirring. Add the roasted vegetables to the pot, cook for 3 minutes while stirring to combine well.
- Add stock pots, and boiling water then cover pot and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Carefully transfer everything to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve topped with Greek yogurt and fresh thyme with bread as a side for dipping.
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.