Easy One Pot Veggie Stew
For the ultimate speedy supper, serve up this delicious one-pot veggie stew made with tomatoes, carrots, spinach and mixed lentils, beautifully flavoured and seasoned with our famous Robertsons Chicken Spice.
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Robertsons chicken spice
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 cups of spinach, chopped
- 2 cups of mixed lentils, parboiled
- 250 ml (1 cup) hot water
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) flour (dissolved in ¼ cup of water)
- Heat sunflower oil in a pot over medium/high heat, add onion, carrots, and fry until golden brown in colour. Add 1 tbsp Robertsons Chicken Spice and fry for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, lentils, spinach and continue frying until tomatoes are soft, 10 minutes.
- Add water and cover the pot and cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of Robertsons Chicken Spice and stir in the dissolved flour and cook for 7 minutes or until reaches desired consistency.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.