Spicy Braised Cabbage
It takes just six ingredients and 30 minutes of cooking to transform a head of cabbage into this deliciously spicy dish. Serve on its own, or over mielie pap, or as a side dish with a hearty beef stew.
- 1 whole cabbage, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) vegetable oil
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Robertsons Masterblends Braai Spicy Shisanyama
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Rajah Hot Curry Powder
- Slice the cabbage, onion and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and green pepper until soft.
- Add the cabbage, cover the pan and cook until the cabbage begins to wilt.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, Robertsons Masterblends Spicy Shisanyama and Rajah Hot Curry Powder and cook for a further 30 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a little water, if necessary, to prevent sticking.
- Season to taste and serve hot.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.