Spicy Braised Cabbage
It takes just six ingredients and 30 minutes of cooking to transform a head of cabbage into this deliciously spicy dish. Serve on its own, or over mielie pap, or as a side dish with a hearty beef stew.
- 1 whole cabbage, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 45 ml cooking oil for frying
- 3 tomatoes diced
- 1 tsp Robertsons Masterblends Braai Spicy Shisanyama
- 2 tsp Rajah hot curry powder
- Slice or chop the cabbage, onion and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and green pepper until they are soft.
- Add the cabbage, cover and cook until it begins to wilt.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and cook for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary, serve hot with mielie pap.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.