Spicy Tomato Gravy
Everyone loves a spicy tomato gravy! Made with fresh tomatoes and a little kick of Robertsons' Peri Peri, our easy version is delicious with pap and wors, with braaied chicken, and with crispy potato wedges.
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and grated
- 6 tomatoes, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Robertsons Crushed Garlic
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) Robertsons Peri-Peri
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) sugar
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) soy sauce
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) tomato sauce
- Robertsons Atlantic Sea Salt
- Robertsons Black Pepper
- Heat olive oil in a pot and fry the onion until soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, Robertsons Crushed Garlic, Robertsons Peri-Peri, sugar, soy sauce and tomato sauce.
- Cook the sauce over a medium heat for about 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to ensure that it does not stick.
- Season to taste with Robertsons Atlantic Sea Salt and Robertsons Black Pepper.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.