Spicy Tomato Gravy
Everyone loves a spicy tomato gravy! Made with fresh tomatoes and a little kick of Robertsons' Peri Peri, our easy version is delicious with pap and wors, with braaied chicken, and with crispy potato wedges.
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 onion grated
- 6 tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp Robertsons crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp Robertsons peri peri
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 30 ml soy sauce
- 15 ml tomato sauce
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt and Black Pepper to season
- Heat olive oil in a pot and fry onion until soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, Robertsons Crushed Garlic, Robertsons Peri-Peri, sugar, soy sauce and tomato sauce.
- Allow the mixture to cook on a medium heat for about 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to ensure that it does not stick.
- Season to taste with Robertsons Atlantic Sea Salt and Robertsons Black Pepper.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.