Creamy Chicken, Potato and Vegetable Bake
Fresh peppers, garlic, mushrooms and chicken add extra nutrition to this luxuriously creamy potato bake. Serve with a fresh garden salad for a marvellous midweek meal the whole family will love.
- 6 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Knorr cheese and Bacon Flavour Potato Bake
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 4 deboned skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300 ml cream
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Grease a rectangular or square casserole dish with oil spray.
- Layer half of the sliced potatoes in the dish, and sprinkle them with half the contents of the sachet of KNORR Cheese and Bacon Flavour Potato Bake.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the chicken cubes until golden brown. Sprinkle with the remaining KNORR Potato Bake powder. Place chicken cubes on top of the potatoes.
- In the same pan, fry the onion, peppers, mushrooms and garlic until just soft.
- Spread the vegetables on top of the chicken in the casserole dish. Top with the remaining potato slices, and pour the cream all over the top.
- Bake at 180 °C for 1 hour, then sprinkle the cheese over the top and bake for a further 30 minutes.
- Serve piping hot, with a green salad.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.