Herbed Chicken and Rice Bake
Better For You Tips: To increase the vegetable content of this meal include broccoli florets into the chicken and rice mixture when baking it.
Mixed herbs and chicken stock add great flavour to this chicken and rice dish.
- 50 ml white wine
- 450 ml chicken stock
- 500 ml cold milk
- 250 ml rice, uncooked
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 45 ml margarine
- 500 g chicken pieces
- 1 pinch salt and pepper (to taste)
- cup mixed herbs, chopped
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese shavings
- 1 x 48 gram sachet Knorr chicken à la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- Brown chicken pieces in margarine over a medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Place in a baking dish, top with spring onions and squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle the rice over the chicken pieces, and stir until well coated.
- Mix the contents of the Knorr Chicken a la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce with the milk, stock, wine, salt and pepper and herbs.
- Pour over the chicken and rice mixture and bake at 180°C for 40 min until the rice is cooked and chicken is tender, adding more liquid if necessary.
- Serve this dish with shavings of Parmesan cheese.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.