Herbed Chicken and Rice Bake
Mixed herbs and chicken stock add great flavour to this chicken and rice dish.
- 50 ml white wine
- 450 ml chicken stock
- 500 ml cold milk
- 250 ml rice, uncooked
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 45 ml Stork margarine
- 500 g chicken pieces
- 1 pinch salt and pepper (to taste)
- cup mixed herbs, chopped
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese shavings
- 1 sachet Knorr chicken à la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- Brown chicken pieces in Stork margarine over a medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Place in a baking dish, top with spring onions and squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle the rice over the chicken pieces, and stir until well coated.
- Mix the contents of the Knorr Chicken a la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce with the milk, stock, wine, salt and pepper and herbs.
- Pour over the chicken and rice mixture and bake at 180°C for 40 min until the rice is cooked and chicken is tender, adding more liquid if necessary.
- Serve this dish with shavings of Parmesan cheese.
- Better For You Tips: To increase the vegetable content of this meal include broccoli florets into the chicken and rice mixture when baking it
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.