Baby Marrow and Mozzarella Bolognaise Bake
Give this Baby Marrow and Mozzarella Bolognaise Bake a try! Wholesome and hearty, it’s packed with baby marrow and a tasty bolognaise sauce.
- 12 baby courgettes (baby marrows)
- 1 medium-sized egg, beaten
- 30 ml Parmesan cheese, grated
- 125 ml cake flour, seasoned
- about 30 ml oil (for frying)
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 400 ml cold water
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 160 g carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely diced
- 48 g (1 sachet) Knorr spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 ml salt to season
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper to taste
- Start by making the bolognaise sauce – In a large saucepan brown the onion and mince in 15ml sunflower oil, then add the carrots and tomatoes.
- Add the cold water, then stir in the contents of the sachet of Knorr Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce.
- Bring to the boil whilst stirring then simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Season the cake flour with salt and Robertsons Black Pepper
- Dip the whole baby marrows in egg, and then into the seasoned flour.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat and lightly fry the baby marrows until browned.
- Spoon a layer of bolognaise into a small sized, greased ovenproof dish and sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese.
- Top with half the baby marrows and add a layer of mozzarella slices.
- Repeat the layers ending with a layer of bolognaise.
- Arrange extra mozzarella slices on top and bake for 20-30 min.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.