Spicy Pilchard and Spinach Bake
Pilchards are the hero ingredient in this tasty bake and best of all – they are a very affordable dinner option!
- 500 g macaroni, cooked and drained
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 5 ml garlic, crushed
- 5 ml ginger, crushed
- 1 tin pilchards in tomato sauce (bones removed)
- 1 bunch spinach, cleaned and chopped
- 375 ml water
- 45 ml Knorr Curry Vegetable Soup
- 125 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Fry the onion, garlic and ginger in a pan in oil until soft.
- Add the deboned pilchards with the tomato sauce and allow to simmer for 5 minutes breaking up the fillets a bit with a spoon.
- Mix the KNORR Curry Vegetable Soup with a little water to make a smooth paste and stir this into the pan together with the spinach and water.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Mix the cooked macaroni with the pilchard mixture to combine then place into an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 15 minutes.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.