Try this super tasty baked ziti pasta recipe. Onions, garlic, basil, tomatoes and chicken stock combine to make an amazing sauce. The pasta is covered in the sauce and topped with grated cheese before being baked until golden.
- 15 ml Stork margarine, 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Robertsons bay leaves
- 2 400 g tins tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 10 ml olive oil
- 1 bunch basil, freshly chopped
- 500 g penne pasta, cooked and drained (or pasta tubes)
- 300 g ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 100 g Parmesan cheese, grated (or Cheddar)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- To make the sauce, heat the Stork Margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes, until softened but not coloured. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the Robertsons Bay Leaves, chopped tomatoes and Knorr Chicken Stock Pot. Bring to the boil, turn the heat down low and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the freshly chopped basil, stir through and remove from the heat.
- Lightly oil a casserole dish with olive oil. Ladle some of the tomato sauce into the bottom of the dish. Mix the cooked ziti pasta with the remaining tomato sauce. Pour half of the pasta into the casserole dish and top with the ricotta. Top with the remaining pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.